9/10/2005

End of the first year suffering

0910...
Finally, both Priya and I are done with the first year presentation.
It was a very pleasant experience, actually.
All these profs tried their best to make you less nervous (except some some new 'facutly'....)
The way they asked you questions make you feel like they are really interested in that issue and wanted to know more about it.
I really appreciate it.

People in our lab were all very supportive too!
Karen baked a cake, Kara hosted a lab BBQ, and people sent out 'congrats' mails....
These are just really sweet!

1010....
hehe now I can say goodbye to my first year proejct FOR EVER~!
I gave a brownbag talk in the Brain and Cognition brownbag this Monday.
To tell the truth, I was scared to death, and really regret being talked into this by Kara....
But anyway, it went well.
Gary came and 'enthusiastically participated' the talk ..AGAIN!
Before the bbag talk, a student came to me and confirmed with me if that was the same talk I gave in the Cognitive browbag, if yes, she would like to skip it.
Of course, I didn't mind that, but that made me feel obliged to tell Gary that this would be a same talk. (After all, he is a lot busier than most of us)
So I told him, but he said he knew that, and usually the more times he listened to a same talk, the more 'feelings' he would have for that topic...oh..well, i can only say that I really appreciate his interest in our study....
Anyways...there were less people in that bbag than usual, cause some of them were out of town for a conference, which made the 'always scary 'B&C brownbag less scary..
Neil Cohen, Greg Miller, and Gary, as usual, asked quite a lot of questions..I got some of them, successfully ducked some of them by saying 'well...this slide may adress your question' , and successfully 'threw' one of the toughest questions (from Gary, of course) to Kara ^_^Y....
well...I'm so glad that it's ALL OVER~~~
Now, I'm officially a second yr grad student now!!!

btw, we submitted the papre on Sep. 29.... Yay~a temporary closure for this project.
Will DEFINITELY let you guys know if we get any good news....if I don't mention anything, then smart guys like you will know not to ask me anything , right? :)

--Charlene

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

There are a lot of VOIP ads on TV right now. What is it, and what are its advantages?
VOIP stands for voice over Internet protocol. You can use this technology to send voice dat a generated by telephone calls over a broadband Internet connection instead of over a standard phone network.
Hey, you have an impressive blog here! I'm surely going to bookmark you! I have a low interest credit card site. It pretty much covers low interest credit card related stuff.

Come and check it out when you get time :-)

Anonymous said...

Clueless in Phoenix
For the all-time example of a man whistling past the graveyard, check out Bill Keller's jaw dropping comments this past Friday at the Association of National Advertisers conference in Phoenix.
Find out how you can buy & sell anything, like things related to private road construction on interest free credit and pay back whenever you want! Exchange FREE ads on any topic, like private road construction!

psychocharlene said...

Does anybody know how to block those SPAMs...?